Yes, it’s possible. Think of how much faster you can get dressed in the morning when you can actually SEE what you have to wear.
- Remove everything. Yes, you heard me… remove EVERYTHING. Once you see the amount of space you have to work with and how pretty it looks when it is clean you will be motivated to put back only what you deeply cherish.
- Set a goal. Decide ahead of time how many t-shirts, dress tops, jeans, etc. you REALLY require on a weekly basis. No, you don’t need to wear a different outfit every day of the year. Believe it or not, most people care more about what THEY are wearing than what you have on. Do you have a five-day work week that requires dress clothes? Then limit yourself to choosing only five tops…. you get the idea). This forces you to pick a few items in each category that make you feel like a ROCKSTAR and leave the rest behind.
- Create piles for your clothes/shoes. Categories like “Definitely Keep” “Maybe Keep” and “Donate” are useful. Sort through your “definitely” and “maybe” piles a few times to catch any stragglers meant for the donation bin.
- Put your “maybe” items in a box and store them in a separate room for 30 days. If you didn’t yearn for any of these items, you don’t need them. Donate them.
- Be honest with yourself. How long have you been waiting for an occasion to wear that black sequin party dress? Do you really need two basic-black pumps or can you slim down to one? Will you realistically fit back into your pre-baby skinny jeans? Probably not (and that’s ok, we earned those wider hips friends!!)
- In 60 days, repeat this process and see how much less you really need to be happy and live well ❤